general conditions for rental vehicles
- all rates are in nz$
- includes unlimited km (4 days & over)
- includes comprehensive insurance and gst (tax 15%)
confirmation of rental / booking deposit
- Confirmation and supply is
guaranteed upon receipt of credit card payment of a 10%
Booking Deposit (minimum 1 day)
- A voucher/receipt will be
- Is made on the commencement
- Visa, MasterCard, Amex, travellers cheques, cheques or cash
- Must be over 21 and must
produce a full (3 year minimum) valid New Zealand or
internationally recognised drivers licence at the
commencement of hire.
All cars hired have standard insurance for no extra charge.
Standard Insurance has an insurance excess (or deductible) of NZD$1200.00 for drivers aged 25 or older.
In the event that the rental vehicle is damaged, you are liable for the first NZD$1200.00 or the cost of repairs, whichever is the lesser amount.
This covers damage to both the rental car and third party vehicles or property.
For drivers under the age of 25, and all single vehicle damage, the insurance excess has a maximum of $2000.00.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Vehicles with upgrade insurance (CDW) the excess is reduced to nil on glass damage, and $100.00 or $250.00 on any other damage.
The (CDW) additional insurance costs are available for as little as NZD$7.50 per day (for long hires) but average out on a 10 day hire to NZD$12.50 per day.
NOTE: to be eligible for CDW there is a minimum rental period of four days and all drivers must be over the age of 28.
The CDW costs for vans and people movers are subject to the discretion of Management.
The indemnities referred to above shall not apply where the damage, injury or loss arises from:
- The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to drive the vehicle.
- The vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle;
- The vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally, or contest;
- The hirer is not a body corporate or Department of State and the vehicle is driven by any person not named in clause 3 of the agreement:
- The vehicle is driven by any person who at the time when he or she drives the vehicle is disqualified from holding or has never held a driver's licence appropriate for that vehicle;
- The vehicle is wilfully or recklessly damaged by the hirer or any other person named in clause 3 of the agreement or driving the vehicle under the authority of the hirer, or is lost as a result of the wilful or reckless behaviour of the hirer or any such person;
- The vehicle is operated on any of the following roads: Skippers Queenstown; any beaches, Coast Road to Russell, Northland.
- The vehicle is operated outside the term of the hire or any agreed extension of that term.
- Any claim is less than $2000.
- The owner shall not be liable to indemnify the hirer in respect of any claims for personal injury or property damage to the hirer or to third persons, or in respect of any claim by the hirer of third persons for any damage resulting (in the absence of negligence on the part of the owner) from any defect in the vehicle, or in any event for any loss consequential upon the failure or breakdown of the vehicle from any cause whatever, and the warranty of fitness of the vehicle implied by law shall be modified by the express provisions of this paragraph.
- Up to the amount of the
insurance/excess liability, is held in the form of a
credit card voucher/imprint or cash, until the car is
- A refund is payable once the
vehicle is cleaned (if necessary) and inspected for any
damage or loss.
cancellations / refunds
- Booking deposits are non
refundable if a booking is cancelled.
- Booking deposits are non
refundable for one way hires, or where a discounted rate applies.
- No refunds for early returns.
- A relocation fee may apply on one way hires.
inter island rentals:
- Normal one way rental
conditions apply. This can be arranged either by using
the same vehicle, to qualify for the cheaper continuous
rate, or a changeover vehicle on each side of Cook
Strait. When opting for changeover vehicles, please check
the rate applicable for the number of rental days within
each island. Vehicles picked up in one island, are not
always able to be dropped off in the other island.
(NOTE; using the
same vehicle, gives you more flexibility if dates for interisland
crossings need to be changed)
- This service is available by
free airport pick up/drop off:
- Please advise arrival
details when making a reservation and the customer can be
met by arrangement. Our free pick up and drop off services is avaible 8:00am - 6:00pm and may not apply to short term rental or barter card holders
- Pick up's and drop off's can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Child Seats, Navman GPS, Roofracks and other
accessories are available for hire on request.
- 0800 - 1800 7 Days
(24 Hours by Phone, fax or E-mail)
- Are subject to the Terms and
Conditions incorporated in the rental agreement.
- Will endeavor to supply the
vehicle quoted at the time of reservation, but reserves
the right to substitute similar or upgraded models, at no extra cost. Not all vehicles are available in all