General Conditions for Rental Vehicles:
- All Rates are in NZ$
- includes Unlimited KM (3 days & over)
- All Hires under 3 days have 150km/day included, thereafter $0.25/km
- Diesel Vehicles hired for more than 3 days have 250km/day included, thereafter $0.10/km, (Diesel Tax)
- Includes Comprehensive Insurance and gst (tax 15%)
Confirmation of Rental / Booking Deposit:
- A valid Credit card is required when making a booking/reservation.
- Normally, we do not require a booking deposit to be paid. However in peak hire times and for specialty/high demand vehicles this may be required. This would be advised at the time of quoting/booking.
- Confirmation and supply is guaranteed upon receipt of credit card details.
- A booking confirmation will be issued.
- See below for cancellation information
- Is made on the commencement of hire.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Eft-Pos, travellers cheques or cash.
- A valid credit card must be produced at time of hire for bond purposes. (If the card has the word Debit on it, it is not a Credit card)
- Must be over 21 and must produce a full (3 year minimum) valid New Zealand or International drivers licence at the commencement of hire.
- Any Licenses not in English must have a recognised translation accompanying them.
All vehicles hired include standard comprehensive Insurance. This covers damage to both the rental car and third party vehicles or property
Standard Insurance has an excess (or deductible) payable in the event of any damage occurring up to the maximum stated on the rental agreement. In the event that the rental vehicle is damaged, you are liable for the amount of the excess, or the cost of repairs, whichever is the lesser amount.
For Drivers over 25 the excess is…
- NZD$2000.00 for Cars and Wagons
- NZD$2500.00 for MPV’s and SUV’s
- NZD$3000.00 Minibus’s
All single vehicle damage, the insurance excess is an additional $500.00, on top of standard insurance excess rates.
For drivers under the age of 25, the insurance excess is an additional $500.00, on top of standard insurance excess rates
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) optional
With this option, (CDW) the Insurance excess is reduced to nil on Windscreen damage, and $250.00 on any other damage to the vehicle.
- The (CDW) additional insurance costs are available for NZD$12.50 per day for cars, wagons. With a Minimum charge of $50
The (CDW) additional insurance costs are available for NZD$15.00 per day for SUV’s & MPV’s. With a Minimum charge of $60
- The (CDW) additional insurance costs are available for NZD$20.00 per day for Minibus’. With a Minimum charge of $80
to be eligible for CDW there is a minimum rental period of four days and all drivers must be over the age of 28.
The offer of the CDW option is subject to the discretion of Management and may not be available in all instances.
The indemnities referred to above shall not apply where the damage, injury or loss arises from:
- The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his or her ability to drive the vehicle.
- The vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle;
- The vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally, or contest;
- The hirer is not a body corporate or Department of State and the vehicle is driven by any person not named in clause 3 of the agreement:
- The vehicle is driven by any person who at the time when he or she drives the vehicle is disqualified from holding or has never held a driver’s licence appropriate for that vehicle;
- The vehicle is wilfully or recklessly damaged by the hirer or any other person named in clause 3 of the agreement or driving the vehicle under the authority of the hirer, or is lost as a result of the wilful or reckless behaviour of the hirer or any such person;
- The vehicle is operated on any of the following roads: Skippers Queenstown; any beaches, Coast Road to Russell, Northland.
- The vehicle is operated outside the term of the hire or any agreed extension of that term.
- The owner shall not be liable to indemnify the hirer in respect of any claims for personal injury or property damage to the hirer or to third persons, or in respect of any claim by the hirer of third persons for any damage resulting (in the absence of negligence on the part of the owner) from any defect in the vehicle, or in any event for any loss consequential upon the failure or breakdown of the vehicle from any cause whatever, and the warranty of fitness of the vehicle implied by law shall be modified by the express provisions of this paragraph.
- A valid credit card is required when picking up your vehicle. (Any card that has the word Debit on it is not a credit card).
- If using a Visa/MasterCard Debit card, a hold may be placed on your funds up to the value of the insurance excess. Alternatively if hirer qualifies for CDW option then this card type can be accepted. A refund is payable once the vehicle is cleaned (if necessary) and inspected for any damage or loss (In busy times this may require a wait whilst the vehicle is checked in). Please note that delays can occur as the different banks process refunds.
- A credit card voucher/imprint may be held as bond.
Cancellations / Refunds:
- Booking deposits are non refundable if a booking is cancelled.
- Cancellations received more than 7 days before hire – 1 day’s hire is payable
- Cancellations received less than 7 days but more than 24 hours before hire – 20% of the hire is payable
- Cancellations received less than 24hours before hires or no shows – 50% of hire is payable
- Minimum cancellation charge is based upon the greater of the above options.
- Booking deposits are non refundable for one way hires, or where a discounted rate applies.
- No refunds for early returns.
- We can offer One-Way hires, a relocation fee may apply on one way hires.
Inter Island Rentals:
- Normal one way rental conditions apply. This can be arranged either by using the same vehicle, to qualify for the cheaper continuous rate, or a changeover vehicle on each side of Cook Strait. When opting for changeover vehicles, please check the rate applicable for the number of rental days within each island. Vehicles picked up in one island, are not always able to be dropped off in the other island. (NOTE: using the same vehicle, gives you more flexibility if dates for interisland crossings need to be changed)
- This service is available by negotiation
Free Airport Pick up/drop Off:
- Our free pick up and drop off services is available 8:00am – 6:00pm and may not apply to short term hire or Barter card holders Please advise arrival details when making a reservation , pick up details are included on Hire confirmations.
- Pick up’s and drop off’s outside of our operating hours can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Child Seats, GPS, Roofracks/Luggage Box’s, Snow Chains, Ski/Board Holders and other accessories are available for hire on request.
- 0800 – 1800 7 Days (24 Hours by Phone, fax or E-mail)
- Are subject to the Terms and Conditions incorporated in the rental agreement.
- Will endeavor to supply the vehicle quoted at the time of reservation, but reserves the right to substitute similar or upgraded models, at no extra cost. Not all vehicles are available in all locations.